Don’t Wait…10 Reasons to Sell Your Home over the Holidays
- People who are looking for a home during the Holidays are serious buyers.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition from inventory, meaning more money for you as the seller.
- Houses show and smell great during the holidays. Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh pine and Gingerbread cookies?
- Buyers are generally more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays and yet have a sense of urgency if they are actively looking during these months.
- Some buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons or if they are wanting to lock-in a great interest rate.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to start new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you should be on the market now to capture those new year transferees.
- You can still be on the market and reserve the option to restrict showings during the Holidays. This time of year can still be easy and convenient for you as the seller.
- You can sell now for more money and request a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
- By selling now, you’ll be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market, and that means you will be a more competitive and qualified buyer!
Are you convinced? Good! Contact us today to get the listing process started! (503) 389-0686!